1. Class 150 flanges except Lap Joint will be furnished with 0.06 (1.6mm) raised face, which is included in ‘Thickness’ (C) and ‘Length through Hub’ (Y1), (Y3).
2. For Slip-on, Threaded, Socket Welding and Lap Joint Flanges, the hubs can be shaped either vertical from base to top or tapered within the limits of 7 degrees.
3. Blind Flanges may be made with the same hub as that used for Slip-on Flanges or without hub.
4. The gasket surface and backside (bearing surface for bolting) are made parallel within 1 degree. To accomplish parallelism, spot facing is carried out according to MSS SP-9, without reducing thickness (C).
5. Depth of Socket (D) is covered by ANSI B 16.5 only in sizes through 3 inch, over 3 inch is at the manufacturer’s option.
This method is used for detection of welding discontinuities (material discontinuities) appearing on the surface of a welded connector. This test is done following a visual testing of a welded connector and used mainly for both ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic materials.
Request a quote
Products Related to ANSI B16.5 A182 F316L WNRF Flange DN400 Class150